Friday, July 12, 2013

Whats a Blog?

Apparently its been a long while since I've posted something. Oops? Since a bunch of familia keep up on each other's lives via blog posts, I figured I should post something before the reunion in 2 weeks when I will see almost everybody. Lets see, what have I done...Oh yes. Physics, Chemistry, and Geology. And then sometimes I had a bit of fun. 
 Ah yes. Daniel and I went to a creek that has an unmentionable name to look for native jade. The only thing is, neither of us knew what native jade looked like... But the drive was nice and we did find some cool looking rocks so my geology itch was scratched.
 During Memorial Day weekend I went down to visit nae in bountiful. We discovered a trail that goes up the mountain and runs a good long way into the mountains but because there was still some snow, the road was closed at the top of the mountain. Still, it was a really fun excursion and we went exploring both up this mountain that overlooks the Salt Lake as well as roamed the city. It was a nice break.
 In June I had my geology field trip. We were at Little Sahara in Utah for the first night, and there were winds of 20mph+ with gusts up to at least 248mph. Needless to say, we didn't set up camp on the dunes because we had enough sand in every crevice already from our hike in the dunes.
 I took breaks from schoolwork by going to cheer on our ward ultimate frisbee team and take pictures of people looking epic. Pictured is my roommate, Josh.
 So I got a lovely case of the cold/flu and stayed home for two days to prevent anyone from getting sick. At least that is what I told everyone. On Sunday I was fed up with lying in bed the whole day so I decided to go for a drive over to the Tetons. I figured sneezing and hacking in my car was better than around my roommates. Or at least that is what I told everyone. So I set up shop and waited for the "super moon" that was supposed to be epic.
 Well, Idaho is kinda temperamental so naturally it was cloudy that evening. At least I got a few shots of a hazy moon rising over the mountains. Still was a nice little break.
And to take a break from the mind numbing studying and homework, I took some ward friends shooting that had never gone before. I also needed to center the scopes of the rifles in preparation for the reunion, so it worked out well. The part I didn't count on is how the girls are a better shot than me. Go figure. I guess I need more humility in my life, so there you have it. And the man posing is my EQP. You can only imagine what our presidency meetings are like. 

As far as the rest of my life, its pretty amazing. I have an amazing bishopric, a great ward, and some fun friends. I have been able to make some changes in my life that were long overdue, and I have seen the result of those good decisions. Pretty sure I don't deserve my blessed life, but I am grateful to my Father for the amazing experiences and wonderful people 

No comments:

Post a Comment