Sunday, May 22, 2011

I only blog when I'm happy?

Looking back at my blogs in recent history, I have found that I am generally in a good mood or have had a good day when I blog. Not that its a bad thing, mind you, but it sure helps me appreciate how good my life is when I'm all stressed out about little, stupid stuff. Last week was rather intense, but very good. Two tests, one research project, one Russian violinist, one cold, one group assignment, some 7 hours of additional study, one girl, eight rail road ties, one Paul Cardall, one new bishop, two birthdays, one very full, grateful heart.

My life is just packed full of tender mercies that surround me constantly. It takes me a minute to see them, or more accurately, to recognize them for what they are. I have a habit of getting caught up in the bustle of things but thankfully days like today allow me to see things as they really are, and not merely just as they seem. President Henry J. Eyring (Henry B.'s son) presided over our ward conference where we sustained our new bishopric. Its rather interesting how much I have grown to love my previous bishop and his counselors. I have only known them for a month, but they have made a pretty significant impact on me in that month. The gospel can unite people faster than anything else in the world. Well, I feel like a nice long walk, so I believe I'll end here. Life is pretty amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment