Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Morning Adventure



Today I went on an adventure with a friend in spite of the gloomy weather forecast. We headed out to Knights Ferry and went for a hike. After a failed attempt to locate a geo cache we just started hiking along the river. We passed up the beach that the parentals and I went to the year previous and went to the very end of navigable trail. We made a pretty cool discovery: the Stanislaus river has one pretty wicked rapid right above Knights Ferry. One slip and a bruise later (not me, surprisingly) we started to head back. In fact we pretty much went off roading for a bit while trying to make it back up the bank to the trail. As we made it to the top of the hill the rain hit. HARD. I had brought my rain jacket and an umbrella for just this occasion but after about 2 minutes, it stopped. I was glad it stopped but im not sure that 2 minutes of rain made lugging around that jacket for an hour really worth it. Oh well! The rain held off until I made it home, and is now pitter-pattering against the window. Had a really fun time and didn't die so today goes down in my book as a success.

2 comments:

  1. Cool poppies pic. Glad you're having fun. Enjoy it while it lasts...school train's a'comin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love LOVE the picture of the poppies!

    ReplyDelete