Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Journey Continues





This past weekend was a lot of fun, and eventful. I turned a whopping 23 and have officially become the oldest bachelor out of the Slade boys. Don't panic, the ratio of girls to guys at BYU-I is something like 2-1 so im BOUND to find someone who might like old men. On Friday the momma and the poppa and i went down to Riverside to visit Adam and Liz and the boys. We relaxed from our 6 hour drive by hiking Mt. Rubidox and getting a pretty panorama of the city. It was a lot of fun and Liz and Mom blazed the trail while the boys tried to prevent Jake from jumping.
Saturday was a trip to the train museum and then napping in the afternoon to try to catch up on lost sleep. That evening Adam and I went out of the city to a somewhat dark spot of land to play with our cameras. Adam's Canon 7D proved to be ridiculously cool but even my humble Canon Rebel xs took some pretty cool shots. Long exposure shots are pretty fun! (see middle)
Sunday we blessed Samuel Joseph Slade with Dad and I participating and i have to admit that it was a tender experience getting to do that with a child that is part of my eternal family. I imagine that when i finally get to do that with a child of my own, I probably will have trouble keeping back the tears. Sunday dinner was a 3 course meal prepared by dad and adam for their sweethearts which turned out quite nice. The evening was spent walking around some lakes and then sitting on swings and talking with a good friend who happened to be in a neighboring city that weekend. Good times. Monday rolled around and the nice little vacation came to an end. It was a lot of fun and it was good to see another chunk of family. Next on the list is the SFSs!


1 comment:

  1. Goodness! I LOVE your picture of the sky with the long exposure - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete