Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stress, Fun, and Sun




My weekend started off on a less than ideal note with the car trying to die on me. I spent pretty much the entire afternoon trying to take apart the Pontiac to replace the valve cover gasket which appeared to be leaking. No luck. Not only did I not succeed but I noticed an orange, oily/watery substance in the resonator which led me to believe that perhaps the head gasket was blown. Yipee. I put the car back together and to my much dismay, it ran really rough, and died often. Yipee. So I called Bobby's (the mechanic) and he told me to bring it in Saturday morning. Brought it in, and he pointed out right away that a vacuum hose to the air intake manifold was broken so it wasn't giving the correct amount of vacuum. Sure enough, the car runs really smooth and the repair was only $100 instead of $1000 for a head gasket.

The car even was fixed fast enough for me to run down to Merced (late, of course) to go on an trip with my friend, Joy. AKA "felicity" to some of the fam. haha Our ultimate goal was Yosemite via the 140 but we took a more meandering route that took us to some really pretty places and some awesome vistas. We eventually made it back to the 140 and I must say that I really enjoyed the drive. It was really pretty and followed the Merced river for a ways. The 120 is pretty lame in comparison. Sigh. We went ice skating in curry village for a while (didn't fall ONCE), saw some mormons (a 14 year old wearing a BYU shirt...i asked him haha) and then drove around the park for a bit. We hiked around exploring random places until it started to get dark. At this point we decided to have an impromptu snowball fight that lasted over an hour. When I say "impromtu", I mean she threw a snowball at my face. haha I won. lol Started to drive back to Merced, stopped in Mariposa for some pizza, and then headed back.

Cameron and I had a good conversation on the phone on my drive back to Mo-town (used a headset, so don't worry) and I must say that I am getting REALLY excited to go to school next month! We shot the breeze for a while, caught up on each other's lives a bit, and talked about the near future. Im stoked!!

Woke up this morning to a cloudless sky and the sunlight streaming through my window. Not too shabby. I am looking forward to today seeing how it is Fast Sunday and for an added bonus there is a CES fireside tonight. So the weekend began on a less than ideal note but seems to be getting better and better as it goes. Tomorrow is career counseling with the Rawes (Bob and Kathleen) Im optimistic about what the future holds for me, and it certainly helps my optimism to have a freshly dry-cleaned suit for today! haha Now if you will excuse me, I do believe that I will go and listen to some Mo-tab and pretend like im the conductor. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment